Search This Blog

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Cheese cake in a chiffon pan






I am on a baking frenzy. A huge feast last night that was eaten up without any leftovers motivated me to go back to the kitchen for more baking. The task is made more urgent because my baby will be going back to London in days and who knows when the next time she eats any home baked stuff?

I bought a monster tube of cream cheese and after using it for frosting a carrot cake, I had the urge to make another cake totally different with the remaining cheese. I wanted a cheesecake that is neither too airy or dense and this fits the bill. The experiment with the lemon juice caused me to lose my calm because the batter curdled but the end result was a beautiful, moist cake with very close and fine texture. Whew!

I had a piece while the cake was cooling because the crust was irresistibly crunchy. My verdict? Some cheddar will be wonderful to put the cake into a bit of sweet and savoury zone.

Eat it with cream cheese frosting if any is lurking in the fridge for a decadent touch.

Inspired by cakeblog

Ingredients:

240g unsalted French butter, softened
1 cup fine sugar
280g cream cheese, softened
6 eggs ( abt 60g each )
juice of 1 wedge of lemon
3 cups plain flour, sifted
1 Tbsp baking powder

Method:

Preheat oven to 170C.
Prepare a chiffon pan. Do not grease.
Whisk butter until pale and fluffy.
Add sugar and whisk.
Add cream cheese and whisk until light and airy.
Whisk eggs, one at a time.
Add lemon juice and whisk for a second.
Add sifted flour and baking powder, whisking slowly, in 3 portions.

Transfer batter to the pan.
Bake at 170C for 1 hour or until the skewer pierced in the thickest section comes out clean.
Remove the cake carefully and cool before storing.


1 comment:

  1. I did this in my early baking days when I was so frustrated with Japanese cheesecake. The cake kept sinking and I decide to chiffon it and it worked! I hope your baking frenzy is catching because I have lost my mood and need motivation :(

    ReplyDelete